Don't know tourte from tartine, or harira from harissa? Before your next trip, print out one of these handy decoders with translations of food terms and popular dishes.
BARCELONA HTML | PDF
• Eat Like a Local: Barcelona
CHINA HTML | PDF
• Beijing 2008 Olympics Guide
To view the China menu decoder in PDF format, you will need Acrobat Reader with the Chinese Simplified Font Pack. The Font Pack can be downloaded from Adobe's website.
FRANCE HTML | PDF
• Picky and Proud of It: Paris's Top Baguettes
GERMANY HTML | PDF
• Move Over, Tuscany: Germany's Zabergäu Region
INDIA HTML | PDF
• Trip Coach: A Woman Travels Solo to South India
ITALY HTML | PDF
• Trattoria Heaven in Tuscany
• Blog: Decoding Gelato Flavors and Pizza Toppings
MOROCCO HTML | PDF
• My Marrakech Is Better Than Yours
PORTUGAL HTML | PDF
• Alentejo, Portugal: The Next Tuscany?
• Eat Like a Local: Prague
TURKEY HTML | PDF
• An Expert Dishes on Turkey's Food Scene
Note:This story was accurate when it was published. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.