Thursday, August 20, 2009
NEW HOTEL DATABASE
Check out reviews and photos of 12 charming, affordable hotels in Rome—and book directly from our site. Then come back and write your own reviews and upload hotel photos.
Photographer Massimo Siragusa brings out the beauty, grit, and romance of modern Rome.
FOOD AND DRINK
We demonstrate the rituals of caffeinating properly in Rome. One tip: Pay at the register before you order at the counter.watch now
FROM OUR BLOG: THIS JUST IN
In September and October, take advantage of the city's newest special offer: late-night hours at select museums. The Vatican will be open until 11 p.m. on Fridays, and you can museum-hop on Saturdays and wander by moonlight at the Colosseum and the Forum on Sundays.
Spend a long weekend in the nation's capital with this vacation package from JetBlue.
why it's a deal
- Hong Kong & Beijing, Air/6 Nights, From $1,549
- Florence, Air/4 Nights, From $599
- Costa del Sol, Air/6 Nights, From $649
- Jamaica Hotels, From $136 a Night
- Brazil, Air/10 Nights, From $1,719
THIS WEEK'S HIGHLIGHTS
Strutting penguins from member mcjoe62
, who snapped this proud threesome on one of the Falkland Islands. Tons of animal photos this week—so, without further ado, our (new) wildlife series
. Keep sending 'em in.
Also: From our (endless!) sunset series
, this week's best are from Nueva Vallarta, Mexico
); Kata Tjuta, Australia
); Guanacaste, Costa Rica
); the opera house in Sydney
); and a sailing trip near Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
This week's star members:
Plus, more of our favorites:
- On safari, member pamajama took this beautiful shot of a cheetah sunning itself.
- A vista of Paris at night, with the Eiffel Tower in the distance, from member cameraman.
- Up close and personal with a Costa Rican tree frog, from member author1987.
- Member jschmittjr demonstrates a good eye for composition with this photo of blankets and sombreros.
- A shepherd tends to a flock in rural Nepal, from member MindyToner.
- Reflection on the still water of the Colorado River, at the margin of the Grand Canyon, from member sue gold.
- Sunrise at Machu Picchu, from member AMSizelove.
- The lovely little town of Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland, from member wellfedwriter.
© 2009 Newsweek Budget Travel, Inc. Budget Travel 530 Seventh Avenue 2nd Floor New York, NY 10018