|by Sean O'Neill||Airlines, Frequent Flier Miles, Helpful Websites||4|
Stop reading this post now unless you are willing to drop hundreds—or even thousands—of dollars on an absurd purchase in exchange for free upgrades and flights. This info is a risky practice that's aimed at passionate travel geeks only.
Frequent flier jedi Chris Guillebeau has today spotlighted an insider's trick to getting more bang for your buck.
• Sign up for US Airways free Dividend Miles rewards program, if you haven't already.
• Visit US Airways' special promotion page "Shop your way to a bigger (250 percent) bonus."
• Buy four items from the online stores mentioned on the page. Click through the links to Web stores for Barnes & Noble, Harry & David, etc., plug in your Dividend Miles number, and make small purchases (from $2 to $10, such as gift cards).
• Wait a few days, to make sure that the records of your purchases are filed in a timely electronic manner with US Airways.
• Return to the US Airways 250 percent bonus page and buy a fifth item, specifically TrackItBack stickers, which are offering 40 miles for every $1 spent.
• On March 1, 2010, US Airways will award you a enormous bonus of roughly 140 miles per dollar spent.
• As soon as possible, redeem the miles for a trip within the subsequent 360 days, before the miles may be devalued.